Monday, September 23, 2019

Arkansass for a quick minute and tennessee

Yeah, we had to break up the trek from Dallas to Memphis so we made a pit stop on Little Rock AR. The only thing I knew about Little Rock was Clinton’s library-so, we went to that. And even though it was not on my bucket list, I crossed it off anyway. It, as most presidential museums are, was a tribute to all his accolades on his 8 years on office. I know more about Clinton than I ever knew, or wanted to know. I did ponder, when I looked at the daily itineraries for Clinton, what Trump’s would look like. Had an egg McMuffin. Watched Fox News. Tweeted. Sent some insults out to dignitaries. Tried to have sex with Melania. More news. More McDonald’s   More tweets....
Arrived in Memphis in time to tour Sun Studios. Such greats came out of there. Bb king, Johnny cash, and surprise to me, Bobby blu bland. Good stuff.
Today was all Graceland. 4 hours of every piece of memorabilia ever for Elvis. The 2 things I did not see. Elvis in his later years after eating peanut butter and bacon sandwiches, and Priscilla Presley. I do have a better appreciation for his talent and passion for his art. House is over the top. Gaudy as you would suspect.
Then for some serious business-Civil Rights museum which is part of the Lorraine hotel where MLK was assassinated. Boy, a little intense to be that up close and personal. It reminded me a bit of the Kennedy assassination where you see where he is shot and the viewpoint of the sniper. Museum will change your perspective on what civil rights are in this country. So good. Yet very moving.
Our final stop is Nashville, which I did a quick visit to a few years ago.  This time, we hit grand olde Opry for a background tour and a LATE  night on Broadway, looking for any music that wasn’t country. Great success for the most part. Next day was country music hall of fame- so we hit both country and rock and roll. Another night of music, but a way earlier night. Joys of senior life. Lol. I think our last 4 legs did us in. It was a great end to our music journey.
On to SC. THEN Raleigh NC. and then the beach!!

No comments: